Not that this is something that I wonder about very often (ok…never!) it has appeared here on my blog where several people are now completely captivated by the question.
The answer: I have no idea! I successfully avoided reading the book and watching the movie(s) for well  over 50 years, but I broke down and watched the 1974 version of “The Great Gatsby” with Robert Redford. That’s more my speed than the new version with that Italian kid…Leo something. Besides, Redford’s version was the only version on Netflix Thursday night!
I watched the movie, trying to figure out what made Jay Gatsby so great. Guess what? He isn’t. In fact, he’s pretty pathetic. So, either F. Scott Fitzgerald was being sarcastic with the title or, more plausibly, I missed the whole point of the movie.
So why, after all of this time did I succumb to watching this ancient film? (It came out the year I graduated from high school…talkies were all the rage!). Because of this:
SendOutCards GATSBY 2013 Closing Party
Take a trip back to the Roaring Twenties at the SendOutCards GATSBY 2013 Closing Party! Experience the glitz and glam of this incredible era just as Jay Gatsby did himself and close out the biggest event of the year in style!
Learn more about this amazing event by visiting our blog.
And thanks to Erik Niemann for sharing this link on How to Gatsby:http://www.artdecosociety.org/gatsby/m_overview.htm
In other news, I heard from my friend Jessica. I haven’t heard from her in a few weeks (months?). I wasn’t able to get a lot of details, but Jessica isn’t doing very well. Her Grandfather (I think…sorry Jessica if I got this wrong), just passed away and she was devastated by it and her mother is still not doing well. I think she’s still in the hospital. Please say a prayer for Jessica and her mother. If any of my card sending friends would like to send a card to Jessica’s mother, please leave a comment on this page. Maybe we can get an address from Jessica.