That means I have no idea what I’m going to write about!
I just got home from visiting with the soon to be ex-wife and ex-kids. Just kidding (somewhat) about the kids. But they’re older and starting to lead their own lives, even though they’re still living with Mom. I did get to talk to Danny today and we did have dinner last week at Buffalo Wild Wings. Nick was asleep. He’s trying to become a professional gamer. I don’t remember what game it is, but he has a full time work schedule that he devotes to it. And he’s studying it when he’s not playing, which is good in a way because he hates to read.
I was in Fresno yesterday and Friday. I saw my cuzuncle, Ron, and his girlfriend, Melanie, for dinner on Friday. Ron grilled some filets and we had some garlic mashed potatoes and salad. They also had asparagus, but I conveniently “forgot” to have some. If you don’t know what a cuzuncle is, then you’re probably not from WV or TN. I figured out that I’m my own step 2nd cousin! That reminds me of a joke my mom told me. A young Tennessee woman was crying to her mother when she found out that her marriage wasn’t working out “Momma”, she sobbed, “If Billy Bob and I get divorced, does that mean we won’t be brother and sister anymore?”
Ok…sorry about that. But on Saturday we had an excellent SendOutCards meeting in Fresno, which is the real reason I went to Fresno. The fact that Ron and Melanie were about 2 miles away was an added bonus.
We had some excellent training Saturday morning from David Frey, who is the 4th highest money earner in the company and he presented us with some really good ideas about generating business.
David was supposed to be with us in Fresno, but he missed his flight out of Houston. So he presented it as a webinar, which was also really good, thanks especially to the herculean efforts of our host, Mary Swarts, to get all of the A/V working.
After the morning training from 9:00 until noon, we had a box lunch from Chick-Fil-A, which was the first time I’ve had it. I’ve seen them a few million times in the mall, but never partook of their wares. It was actually pretty good. After lunch there was an Opportunuty Meeting put on by Gary Washburn and Marie Ferreira. Gary hosted Super Dave and Lori Smith in Folsom last month as part of Super Dave and Lori’s SendOutCard Road Tour. After that was some Basic Training by Mary Swarts, but my passenger, Bobbette Grasty and I had already attended so we left right after the Opportunity Meeting.
The drive home was nice. Bobbette is really nice and she has an infectious energy about her. I was even getting excited by all of the great thing she wants to do to put the Bay Area SOC Family on the map. I can’t wait Bobbette!
I met lots of really great people there besides those that I mentioned. One more that I want to point out is Michelle Ineson. Michelle lives in San Ramon, which is only about 10 miles from here. I think Michelle, Bobbette and I might all carpool to Gary’s next SOC Gathering in Rancho Cordova coming up on the 18th!
OK. I guess that’s enough rambling for tonight.