Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Improve Your Breathing, Improve Your Health


This blog post is based on a podcast from The Art of Manliness.

My breathing is really bad and has been for as long as I can remember. I tend to breathe very shallowly and I often stop breathing for a few seconds at a time. In fact, almost everyone over the age of about 5 breathes incorrectly, and that usually starts with "Stand up straight, stomach in, chest out", although maybe not as badly as I do.

I tend to not sleep very well, my digestion is bad (but that could be from my diet) and I often have neck and shoulder pains...these can all be caused or worsened by breathing incorrectly.

According to the podcast:
Breathing is the link between body and mind.
This is the key to yoga and ayurvedic breathing. I've toyed with these a little bit. But I did download the Kindle book: Breathe by Belisa Vranich who was the guest on the podcast.

The book contains a 14 day program to improve your breathing. I'm going to try it out and let you know how it goes.

The podcast was actually pretty interesting. It lasts about 45 minutes, but go ahead and check it out.

Interesting days


Today - One Voice DayAunt and Uncle DayAll or Nothing Day and  Coffee Milk Shake Day

Tomorrow - Chili Dog DayTake Your Houseplant For A Walk DayWalk On Stilts Day and Scotch Whisky Day

Next Wednesday - Ice Cream Sandwich Day and Coloring Book Day

August 26 - Dog DayFranchise Appreciation Day and Women's Equality Day

No comments:

Post a Comment