Wednesday, April 13, 2016

I Am, I Said


I've been listening to the audio version of the book "Beach Money" by Jordan Adler and he was talking about writing a journal. He said to picture your ideal life and to write about it as if it's already happened...and to write as much detail as possible, that is who, what, when and where.

Your subconscious mind doesn't know the difference between what's real or not. If you tell yourself something over and over again, your subconscious will accept it as true. This is where a lot of our self image problems come in...if you hear something often enough, whether from yourself or others, you believe it and it becomes who you are.

So, how can we overcome the negative programming that we've been receiving over the years? With I Am statements! What are I Am statements? I wrote a little bit about them in September 2014 when I wrote about Vision. Basically, it's like I said above...you write about something as if it's already happened...I am healthy, I am happy, I am living in the house of my dreams with the love of my life. Write it in your journal. Read a few pages of it every night for a year, then set it aside. Read it again in a few years and see how much your life reflects what you had written.

This is where the Law of Attraction comes in...your subconscious mind begins to search for the things that will support its new vision of who you are and you'll begin to attract those things into your life. Be sure to read the blog post above to see my take on the law of attraction.

I haven't written a journal yet but I AM writing my journal this weekend!

 Interesting days


Today - Scrabble DayThomas Jefferson Day and Bookmobile Day

Tomorrow - Look Up at the Sky Day

Next Wednesday - Volunteer Recognition Day and Chinese Language Day. It's also 香蕉天

May 13 - Frog Jumping Day, Leprechaun Day, Top Gun Day and Blame Someone Else Day Unfortunately, too many people celebrate this every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment