Monday, April 11, 2016

The Love Boat

I'm sure most of my peers remember "The Love Boat" but for those of you who aren't familiar with it, it was an American TV show that ran from the mid 70's to the mid 80's. It followed the crew of a cruise ship, the Pacific Princess, and the romantic adventures of the crew and passengers. The passengers were often big name celebrities, like Jim Backus (I'm surprised he went back to sea after being stuck on "Gilligan's Island" for three seasons), Don Knotts, and Patty Duke, to name just a few. As well as newcomers, such as Tom Hanks.



And speaking of The Love Boat, quite a few of my SendOutCards friends are on a "SOC Bootcamp at Sea" training event. I couldn't make it since I've just moved and had to pay for the U-Haul, deposits on the apartment and AT&T, etc. But it looks like the sea air did its magic...there were at least two weddings today (it's Saturday evening as I write this) in Ensenada Mexico. The first one was with my good friend and SOC upline, Mark Herdering and Rebecca Randall, who I don't really know other than hearing her name on the weekly SendOutCards calls. The second was a guy I met at the SOC Bootcamp (not at sea) in Las Vegas last year, Terry Masson...his new bride is also in SOC but it's somebody I don't know...Tiffany Albro. I'm not sure if these weddings were planned in advance or they happened spontaneously. I'd actually contemplated being Terry's roommate on the cruise several months ago. It's probably a good thing now. I would've probably ended up sleeping in a lifeboat.

An interesting facet is that both of these are transcontinental romances. Mark lives in Portland, OR and Rebecca lives in New Orleans...definitely a culture shock for one of them. Terry lives a couple hundred miles outside Vancouver, BC while Tiffany lives in Traverse City, MI. Good luck to both of the couples.

Interesting days


Today - Pet DayBarbershop Quartet DayWorld Parkinson’s Disease Day and Cheese Fondue Day 

Tomorrow -  Grilled Cheese Sandwich DayEqual Pay DayWalk On Your Wild Side DayBe Kind To Lawyers Day and Licorice Day

Next Monday - Columnists DayPet Owners Independence Day and Amateur Radio Day 

May 11 - Twilight Zone DayReceptionists DayThird Shift Workers' DayRoot Canal Appreciation DayDonate A Day's Wages To Charity Day and Eat What You Want Day 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment