Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Good things come to those who wait

That may be true but sometimes we wait too long and miss the boat so to speak, as this story tells us:
A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.
Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."
The stranded fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me."
So the rowboat went on.
Then a motorboat came by. "The fellow in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you."
To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."
So the motorboat went on.
Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety."
To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."
So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.
Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in you but you didn't save me, you let me drown. I don't understand why!"
To this God replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"


So, don't wait for something to happen...make it happen. A corollary to the above statement is:

Figure out what you want and go for it! Life is too short to be waiting for what we want.


Interesting days


Today -  Restless Legs Awareness Day and Checkers Day A day celebrating President Nixon's dog. But if you want to play the game instead, I'm sure it'll be ok

Tomorrow - Cherries Jubilee Day and Punctuation Day Sometimes the correct punctuation can make all the difference

Next Wednesday - Mud Pack Day and Ask A Stupid Question Day Whoever said there's no such thing as a stupid question is just flat out wrong! And it's also International Translation Day

October 23 - TV Talk Show Host Day and iPod Day Does anyone even own an iPod anymore? And let's not forget Mole Day Not the furry animal or the mole on your skin, this day is a celebration of the mole in chemistry! Don't know what that is? Click on the link for a brief introduction

No comments:

Post a Comment