Thursday, May 31, 2018

Gas vs electric #TBT

I guess the jury's still out on this one since it's been a year and I still don't have a grill. And it's relevant since today the landlords are going to inspect all patios and balconies checking out grills...maybe I can ask them which grill is the most popular:

I asked a question on Facebook yesterday about whether I should purchase a gas or electric grill for my apartment. The answers were fairly mixed...two said gas, one said electric and one basically said charcoal or nothing. I did do a little research, and again the results are mixed,

As far as flavor goes charcoal is definitely the winner with gas not too far behind. The flame is the big factor in that since both methods cook the food over a flame whereas electric doesn't have a flame.

As far as convenience gas and electric are fairly close but I think electric wins on that front. Gas grills heat up quicker and even though it's easy to get propane tanks it can be a real pain if you run out in the middle of cooking a meal. Electric just has to be plugged in and there is an outlet on my balcony. Also gas grills tend to run smaller, which is good for my tiny balcony, and many are suitable for indoor and outdoor use.

Now looking at prices...from what I could tell prices seem to be pretty similar although it looks like electric may be a little more expensive.

I was trying to find a good video comparing gas and electric grills but I didn't have any luck.

The jury is still out on this one. I'll do more research and I'm open to more feedback from my audience, so please, if you have any ideas you'd like to share on this debate I'd be glad to hear from you!

Interesting days




Tomorrow - Doughnut DaySay Something Nice DayGo Barefoot DayFish and Chip DayLeave The Office Earlier Day and World Milk Day

Next Thursday - VCR Day and Chocolate Ice Cream Day This makes more sense than Strawberry Ice Cream Day in January!

June 31 - You're in luck! There is no June 31

No comments:

Post a Comment