Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Congratulations, Steve Schulz!


Steve Schulz is an author, trainer, former school teacher, and until tomorrow, the President of Field Operations for SendOutCards. On yesterday's SOC Corporate call it was announced that Steve is moving on after 5 years with SendOutCards. He and former Vice President of Marketing, Vanessa Hunter, brought new energy to SendOutCards, but they have both moved on to other opportunities...Vanessa has started her own consulting business and Steve is taking over the leadership of another network marketing company...I don't know which company yet because the new company isn't making their announcement until Friday.

I've run into Steve at several SOC events over the years, most recently at the Relationship Marketing Summit in Las Vegas on the 19th. Even though I'm not one of the top earners in the company...yet...he always made me feel important. I've received birthday cards, Christmas cards and cards of encouragement and for that I'm grateful. When I walked up to him at the RMS in Vegas to introduce my friend and associate, Kelly Pangilinan, he wished me a happy birthday and mentioned my haircut. I'm not sure whether he follows me that closely on Facebook or he made a point to do a quick scan of everyone that had signed up for the event, but it doesn't really matter...he made me feel important, which is one of his gifts.

Even though he will no longer have an official title at SendOutCards, he's not going away completely. He and SendOutCards CEO, Kody Bateman, have agreed to present on stage at each other's events. and Steve is taking SendOutCards with him. As Jordan Adler said on the call "You can take Steve Schulz out of SendOutCards, but you can't take SendOutCards out of Steve Schulz". Steve will be introducing SOC at his new company and has said that he'd like to be the first customer of Sendogo, SendOutCards' new service that will integrate with existing CRMs (Customer Relationship Managers) such as SalesForce. From what I understand, Sendogo is still in beta testing.

So, whatever company is picking him up I know that they will have a bright future and SendOutCards will continue to grow thanks to Steve's legacy!

Congratulations my friend and this isn't goodbye because you can't get rid of me that easily!

Interesting days


Today - Loomis DayWater a Flower DayMint Julep Day and Senior Health & Fitness Day



June 30 - Social Media DayMeteor Watch Day and Armed Forces Day in the UK

No comments:

Post a Comment