Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Summer means fun

I'm a summer person. I like the heat and the beach and the cold beverages and the women's clothing. I like surf music. I like the relaxed attitude.

This is one of my favorite songs from the 60's surf era:

"Drive in movies every night, staying out 'til half past one"

Are you a fan of summer? Or do you prefer one of the other seasons? Perhaps the flowers blooming in spring? (my 2nd favorite season). Or the leaves turning in fall and the brisk weather? Or maybe winter with the snow, hot cocoa and the holiday season?

When I was a kid we'd go camping every summer...usually in the Trinity Lake region of Northern California. Although when I was in junior high school my parents bought a membership at R-Ranch and we camped there through my high school years. I have a lot of great memories at both Trinity and R-Ranch. In fact, Stephanie and I bought a membership at another R-Ranch location called R-Wild Horse Ranch when she was pregnant with Danny. We went there usually at least a couple of times a year when the boys were young. We usually didn't camp but stayed in the cabins. One of our favorite times was Thanksgiving. The Ranch would host a potluck and they'd supply the turkey and stuffing and members would bring up side dishes. And the next day they'd have some excellent turkey soup!


I still love summer although I don't really camp anymore. But you can bet that I'll be wearing my official first day of summer shirt today and listening to The Surfaris on my CD player.

Although summer officially started yesterday at 9:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time, today is the first full day of summer, so I'm celebrating today!

Interesting days


Today - World Music DayInternational Yoga DaySelfie DayWorld Humanist DayMake Music DayGo Skateboarding Day and Daylight Appreciation Day In honor of the longest day of the year, the summer solstice

Tomorrow - Onion Rings Day and Chocolate Eclair Day

Next Wednesday - Tapioca DayPaul Bunyan DayInternational Body Piercing Day and Insurance Awareness Day

July 21 - Junk Food Day and Lamington Day

No comments:

Post a Comment