Thursday, January 5, 2017

NextDoor #TBT

This blog post is from last year. It's very timely since Mark Herdering talked about it on his SendOutCards call on Monday! The part about NextDoor starts at the 24 minute mark in the recording. And I've moved since this was posted...I'm now in the Lakewood Ave/Raquel Ln neighborhood in Modesto.

Thank you, Chris Maslanka, for introducing me to NextDoor! NextDoor is an online community dedicated to a neighborhood. I signed up and found out I'm in the Village Parkway neighborhood. There are 309 members online for this neighborhood. This is a great resource if you're looking to buy or sell something locally, or getting to know your neighbors. There are also iOS and Android apps.

On my home page there is a post for missing chickens, a notification that I joined the neighborhood (I have 2 welcomes so far!), somebody having problems with AT&T and a futon for sale.

Here is a screenshot of my home page:



This is a great tool for bloggers as this video from Winning Agent demonstrates:


If you're a realtor, this is a great tool. Also I'm sure this would be good for a home party business. Let me know if you join and also what plans you have, if any, on how you will use the site.

Interesting days


Today - Whipped Cream Day and Bird Day

Tomorrow - Bean DayApple Tree DayCuddle Up DayShortbread Day and Three Kings Day

Next Thursday - Marzipan Day I'm not sure what marzipan is, but this is the day to celebrate it. It's also Kiss A Ginger Day, Poetry At Work Day and Pharmacist Day

February 5 - Weatherman's DayWorld Nutella Day, Yorkshire Pudding DayChocolate Fondue DayWestern Monarch Day and  Dump Your Significant Jerk Day





No comments:

Post a Comment