Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The 12 days of Christmas

I originally thought that this was the 12 days leading up to and including Christmas, but I recently found out that they begin on Christmas and go up to Three Kings Day.

We're all familiar with the song "The 12 Days of Christmas" with all the Lords a leaping, etc. The current cost of getting all of these items according to the PNC Christmas Price Index is $34,363.49, up +0.7% from last year. It breaks down the price of each item. Be sure to check it out!

Here's a fun twist by Allan Sherman ("Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah") called "The 12 Gifts of Christmas". I loved this song as a kid. Some of the references won't make sense to you if you're under about 50 years old, but here it is:


I did my own version of the 12 days of Christmas 16 years ago (Danny was 11 and Nick was 7). I did it starting 11 days before Christmas and ending up on Christmas Day. Here is the final verse:

On the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me:

12 fragrant roses
A gift from our 11 year old
A $10 gift certificate
9 mini Cinnabons
8 Christmas cookies
A gift from our 7 year old
6 weeks of dance lessons
5  O-N-I-O-N  R-I-N-G-S
4 calling cards (plus a cell phone)
3 French toasts
2 chocolate Dove bars
And a Partridge Family CD

Starting on Christmas Day I'm going to do a series of blog posts called "The 12 Days of Follow-up". Stay tuned for those posts, if you're in sales I'm sure they'll come in handy!

Interesting days




Tomorrow - Lemon Cupcake DayCat Herders Day and Re-gifting Day 

Next Wednesday - Flashlight DayLook On The Bright Side DayCrossword Puzzle DayInternational Dalek Remembrance DayHumbug DayRibbon Candy DayDon’t Make Your Bed DayShort Girl Appreciation Day and Short Story Day

January 14 - International Kite DayHot Pastrami Sandwich DayOrganize Your Home Day and Dress Up Your Pet Day


No comments:

Post a Comment