Monday, September 5, 2016

Is it a frap or frappe?

It's late Sunday night and I'm watching an episode of "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." and it was pronounced fra-pay but there are two schools of thought on this. If it's spelled with an accent over the e (which I can't recreate here), it's pronounced fra-pay but without an accent it's pronounced frap. But what is this beverage that has sparked this debate?

There are a few beverages that use this name...one is a milkshake in the New England area (pronounced frap), an iced coffee beverage that is pronounced either way depending on where you go. According to the commercials, it's pronounced frappe at McDonald's (and it is spelled with an accent).

So, now I'll probably be celebrating Labor Day with a chocolate chip frappe from McDonald's.

As you can see, when I have no idea what I'm going to write about anything will do. I had thought about doing an article on Labor Day but I already did one last year.

Interesting days


Today - Labor DayCheese Pizza DayInternational Day of Charity and Be Late For Something Day I usually prefer at least pepperoni on my pizza, but maybe I'll live life on the edge and have just cheese today

Tomorrow - Another Look Unlimited DayFight Procrastination Day and Read a Book Day

Next Monday - Boss/Employee Exchange DayVideo Games DayProgrammers' Day and Chocolate Milk Shake Day

October 5 - Country Inn Bed & Breakfast DayWorld Teachers Day and Chic Spy™ Day This is quite serendipitous because although a certain Mr. Bond is the best known of the chic spies, the above mentioned Man from U.N.C.L.E. is another one (or two since there were two lead characters) and there is also a James Bond marathon going on right now on Starz Encore. And how about Mr. Steed of "The Avengers" and there's an episode running right now on COZI (which I've never heard of before). And let's not forget "Secret Agent" John Drake and the uber cool theme song "Secret Agent Man"

No comments:

Post a Comment