Tuesday, September 20, 2016

How to use Snapchat in your business

Yesterday was Talk Like a Pirate Day, and as usual Krispy Kreme gave away donuts. One donut if you talked like a pirate, a dozen if you dressed as one. And for the first time this year you could also use a Snapchat filter to get a dozen donuts. So, I figured I'd better download Snapchat so I could celebrate #TalkLikeAPirateDay and I did and I fumbled around enough to figure out how to use filters.

But when I got to Krispy Kreme, I couldn't find the pirate filter. The woman inside said it hadn't been working all day, but I still got a dozen free donuts! After learning more about filters and lenses, I wonder if they meant using a lens? Because filters are very limited geographically...each store would need their own filter...but with a lens, it would be available anywhere. I guess I'll have to wait and see which one they used. Although lenses can cost hundreds of thousand of dollars to produce.

And speaking of free donuts, I don't know how many they gave away but there was a group of 7 people in front of me dressed as pirates and they each received a dozen donuts. They must've given away hundreds of dozens of donuts just while I was there.

Custom geo-filters are pretty inexpensive to make...probably less than $20 depending on how long it's active and how large an area that it covers. Here's an introduction to creating a geo-filter for an event such as a party, reunion, wedding, etc., as well as for a business. And for those of you who are just getting started like me, here's a beginner's guide to using Snapchat.

Interesting days


Today - Punch Day and Get Ready Day 

Tomorrow - International Red Panda DayInternational Day of PeaceMiniature Golf Day and World Gratitude Day

Next Tuesday - Crush a Can DayTourism Day and Ancestor Appreciation Day

October 20 - Conflict Resolution DaySuspender's DayInternational Sloth DayGet Smart About Credit DayBrandied Fruit Day and Waiters Day




No comments:

Post a Comment