Tuesday, April 9, 2019

How to Lose Weight While You Sleep

Today's blog post is based on an article by Dr. Michael Breus.

As many of you may already know, I'm a little over a third of the way through a 90 day no soda challenge. You can check it out here. But what you may not know is that in addition to going without soda for 90 days, I'm also walking 10,000 steps and drinking 3 liters of water a day...all to lose 30 pounds in 90 days...which is the main driver of all of this. About 6 weeks ago I gave blood and when I was weighed, I weighed more than 200 pounds for the first time in my life. So, I got my Fitbit fixed, found a meme for a 30 day soda free challenge and started drinking lots of water. I've lost about 15 pounds, so I'm about halfway there. Anyway, this article caught my eye since it's always good to multitask.

From the article:
For a 150-pound person, the estimated calorie burn over a 7-hour night of rest is just over 440 calories. That’s a 40-minute jog on a treadmill!
On average, a person burns about .42 calories per pound per hour of sleep.

Here are some of the ways you can harness your sleep routine and your overnight rest to help your body burn more calories and stay metabolically healthier. 
  •  Activate your body’s ‘thinning’ fats
  •  Limit blue light exposure 
  •  Set an earlier bedtime
  •  Get light exposure early in the day
  •  Sleep in a cool bedroom
  •  Sleep naked
  •  Eat a sleep-friendly snack
He goes into these in more detail, especially the thinning fats (brown and beige fat) and the cooler bedroom.

So, check out the full article and learn how to burn more calories while you're sleeping!

Interesting days


Today - Unicorn DayWinston Churchill DayBe Kind To Lawyers DayEqual Pay DayLibrary Workers DayCherish An Antique DayName Yourself Day and ASMR Day

Tomorrow - Golfer’s Day, Sibling Day, Bookmobile Day, International Safety Pin Day and Day of Pink

Next Tuesday - Wear Your Pajamas To Work Day, Eggs Benedict Day and Save The Elephant Day

May 9 - Lost Sock Memorial DayMoscato Day and Teacher Appreciation Day

No comments:

Post a Comment