Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Let's share


This post is about the difference between sharing, liking and commenting on Facebook posts.

Liking a FB post is very easy to do..you just click on Like and that's it. The fact that you liked a post will appear on your newsfeed and others can see it, but it takes very little effort and it's reflected in the ranking of Likes vs Comments vs Shares.

The ranking is figured into the EdgeRank algorithm that Facebook uses to control who gets to see your posts. The more that someone interacts with your posts, the more that they will see.

According to Antonio Calero, if a Like is ranked as a 1, then Comments are ranked as a 7. If you take the time to actually comment on a post, then that indicates that the post is of more value to you.

And clicking on Share is twice as valuable as a Comment and 14 times more valuable than a Like. If you click on Share, you're telling your friends that they need to check this out. And you will see more of the posts from the person whom you shared their post.

When I share a FB post, I will usually thank the person who posted the item that I'm sharing and then include a comment about the post. By putting their name after the @ it will do two things...my friends will be able to see who originated the post and maybe follow them and the fact that I shared the post will appear on the originator's newsfeed and their friends may in turn want to follow me.

Here's a recent example:


Now my friends can see that I like what Marie had to say and that she may be somebody worth getting to know and Marie's friends can see that I'm awesome enough to like what she has to say and that maybe they should follow me.

So, if you like this blog post, please share it with your friends! 

Interesting days



Tomorrow -  Peach Melba DaySkeptics Day and Rubber Duckie Day

Next Tuesday - Tin Can Day and Popcorn Day

February 12 - Plum Pudding Day, Darwin Day and Lost Penny Day Celebrated, appropriately enough on Lincoln's birthday. When I was a kid, Lincoln's and Washington's birthdays were separate holidays that were nefariously combined into Presidents' Day 







No comments:

Post a Comment