Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve - the day before Christmas! Many people have traditions that they like to celebrate on Christmas Eve, which may include opening one or more gifts, watching a favorite movie, or something different.

I don't really remember any Christmas Eve traditions when I was a kid, except I know we didn't open gifts.

When we had kids, my wife and I had Christmas Eve traditions of hot cocoa, watching "It's a Wonderful Life" and letting our kids each open one gift. I'd never watched "It's a Wonderful Life" until I was in my mid 20's and my roommate at the time, Tom, introduced me to it. I still like to watch it and somewhere in my storage unit, I have a DVD copy of it but I don't think I'll be able to find it. Hopefully it'll be playing on TV tonight.

What Christmas Eve and/or Christmas Day traditions do you have? Please comment below to share them.

Interesting days


Today - Besides being Christmas Eve, it's also Egg Nog Day I'll definitely have some egg nog in addition to some hot cocoa

Tomorrow - Christmas and Pumpkin Pie Day

Next Thursday - It's New Year's Eve, as well as No Interruptions Day and Make Up Your Mind Day


January 24 - Beer Can Appreciation DayPeanut Butter DayBelly Laugh Day, Talk Like A Grizzled Prospector Day (I don't think this is as popular as Talk Like A Pirate Day) and Visit Your Local Quilt Shop Day Are there any quilters in the audience?



No comments:

Post a Comment