Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Tis (almost) the season

Halloween is just around the corner, followed quickly by Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanza, the Winter Solstice and New Years. Are you ready?

It's time to make a list and check it twice. Not to find out who's been naughty or nice, but who to send your holiday cards to. I'm starting on my list now...making sure I have current addresses for people who've been on my list for a while and adding my new contacts to it. If you're using SendOutCards you can create a group, such as 2015  Christmas, and add your contacts to the list. If you'd like help creating groups, let me know.

I'm a traditionalist...I prefer sending Christmas and Hanukah cards, depending on which holiday my friends prefer to celebrate. Although many people prefer to stand out from the crowd and send Halloween cards or maybe Thanksgiving cards instead.

But you don't have to limit yourself to sending cards only at the major holidays, there are reasons to send cards pretty much every day! Just look at this list of days for October:


I didn't know that October was Cookie Month...and SendOutCards does have plenty of cookies that you can send.

And don't forget the interesting days that I include in all of my posts!

So, it's never too early to start your card sending list and to find (or create) the perfect holiday card.

Interesting days


Today - Bathtub Day and Frappe Day The bathtub here needs to be refinished but I will be grabbing a frappe today

Tomorrow - World Octopus Day and World Sight Day Here's a sight saving tip...avoid being sprayed in the eyes by an octopus' ink

Next Wednesday - World Maths Day (it's called maths in Britain)


It's also Emergency Nurses Day Thank you! And it's Hagfish Day which seems to be a very fitting name. Let's not forget Be Bald And Free DayPet Obesity Awareness Day and Bring Your Teddy Bear To Work & School Day I don't think it'll be fair to subject Ben to such abuse

November 7 - Bittersweet Chocolate With Almonds Day I do like dark chocolate and I also like almonds

No comments:

Post a Comment