Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Reflexology

I had my first appointment with a reflexologist yesterday. In case you don't know what reflexology is, then this might help you out:

According to the University of Minnesota:
Reflexology is the application of appropriate pressure to specific points and areas on the feet, hands, or ears. Reflexologists believe that these reflex points correspond to different body organs and systems, and that pressing them creates real benefits for the person's health. 
For example, reflexology holds that a specific spot in the arch of the foot corresponds to the bladder. When a reflexologist uses thumbs or fingers to apply appropriate pressure to this area, it may affect bladder functioning.
Here is a reflexology chart of the feet (I don't think this is the chart that Annie uses. She handed it out at a Gold Star meeting, but I don't have it with me):
When I laid down on the table, Annie (Ann Pena) noticed an issue with my kidney right away. Apparently, I have issues with my digestion (which I knew about) and alignment (which I had a good idea about). I told Annie that I had a Groupon for a chiropractor (which I found out expired 2 days before. I need to contact Groupon and see if I can get it extended.)

My feet were very sore when I went in there and apparently it's not a good thing to have sore feet. After a lot of rubbing, squeezing, pressing, twisting and bending, Annie was able to release a lot of the pain in my feet.

If your feet or toes hurt, don't just ignore it like I did. Go see a reflexologist to find out what's causing your pain and get some relief.

Annie gave me some things to do (mostly food wise)...no fried foods, oil, bread, white rice, juices or pork; and more fruit, vegetables, sweet potatoes (but not sweet potato fries), butternut squash, carrots, fish and chicken. And I purchased a 2 week colon cleansing program since most of my problems seem to originate with my transverse colon. According to things I've read, the entire colon (ascending, transverse and descending) is approximately as long as you are tall. And the average adult's colon has five pounds of fecal matter (poop) per foot. If you're five feet tall, then you probably have about 25 pounds of poop stuck in your colon, and if you're six feet tall like me, then you probably have about 30 pounds of it!

My friend, Luci Gabel's, book "Eat to Lead" should be coming out soon. I pre-ordered a copy of it. This should help also.

She also recommended ASEA drops (I hadn't heard of them before but she suggested that I look them up on Pub Med. I found this blog post that contains the link to Pub Med and other information about ASEA and Redox Signaling Molecules) for the cataracts in my left eye (I haven't had surgery in that eye yet).

Annie also recommended apple cider vinegar...both one tablespoon a day, taken internally, as well as some for soaking my feet...I believe it was a half cup mixed with enough warm water to cover my feet, But I'll have to double check with her when I see her later this morning.

So, I'll be starting with diet and the cleanse, followed by ASEA.

I highly recommend that you see a reflexologist, whether your feet hurt or not. They can often detect an issue before your doctor does.

If you're in the San Francisco Bay Area or the Central Valley, I recommend Annie. If you want to set up an appointment with her, reach out to me and I'll refer you through the Gold Star club of which we're both members.

Interesting days



Tomorrow - World Tripe DayBologna Day and United Nations Day

Next Wednesday - Checklist DayHaunted Refrigerator NightCreate A Great Funeral Day and Candy Corn Day

November 23 - Fibonacci DayEspresso DayCashew Day and Eat A Cranberry Day

Week long celebrations:
November 18 - 24: Road Safety Week

No comments:

Post a Comment