Friday, January 23, 2015

Late post today! I'm actually in Paradise today, but had things to do earlier in the day.

I'm going to add a couple of more S.Y.S.T.E.M. tools today. If you don't remember what S.Y.S.T.E.M. stands for, then check out last Friday's blog post here.

Thanks to my friend, Linda Arrowwood, for reminding me about IFTTT, which stands for If This, Then That. IFTTT (www.ifttt.com) allows you to easily cause an action (That) to occur based on a particular activity (This) happening. This sequence of actions; if this, then that, is called a recipe. You can create your own recipe, or use a recipe created by someone else. I've borrowed a few recipes and modified one to do what I want. Here is a screen shot of my recipes:

The first one will Tweet "Happy New Year" at midnight on January 1st. The second will Tweet a quote from Brainy Quote everyday, and since my Twitter and Facebook accounts are linked, it also shows up in my FB feed. The 3rd will will print "It's the weekend!" at 3:30 AM on Friday, when my weekend starts. You can create recipes for just about anything. Which can be a timesaver for you. Check it out.

Here are a couple of tools to save you money. Ibotta and Checkout 51. Both of these smart phone apps will pay you a rebate on items you buy, including bread, milk, eggs, etc. Often you can get 2 rebates on the same item. Ibotta tends to have more rebates, and you can get bonus rebates based on team activity. The January bonus is an extra $5 for any person in your team who earns $10 worth of rebates in January and the total team earns rebates of at least $20. You can join my team by going to  https://ibotta.com/r/bvpriah and we can save money together. Checkout 51 doesn't have team bonuses, but you can still get good rebates. Linda Arrowwood also introduced me to both of these apps.

Interesting days


Today - https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/pie-day/ My sister has some chocolate cream pie for dessert tonight


Next Friday - https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/croissant-day/ A crescent shaped croissant in France, must contain only butter. A straight "croissant" contains other types of fat. This may not necessarily be true in any other country, but it's the law in France. https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/fun-at-work-day/ is against corporate policy and will not be tolerated. You have been warned.


No comments:

Post a Comment