Tuesday, August 21, 2018

The Power of Human Connection

Last week I did a blog post on the pre-launch book event for "The Power of Human Connection". I did manage to get my car fixed on Friday, so I was able to go to San Diego over the weekend.

That's also why there was no blog post yesterday...it was pretty much non-stop for me starting Friday morning.

I got off work at 5:00 Friday morning but the auto shop didn't open until 7:00, so I kinda dozed in my car for a couple of hours. They worked on my car from about 7:30 until 10:30. Then I took it to get new tires and an alignment...that took another couple of hours. Then I got my haircut, went home and finally went to bed. I was up for 28 hours...minus a couple of naps in uncomfortable places.

I woke up at about 12:30 AM...after about 6 hours of sleep.  I hit the road at 3:30 and got to San Diego at about 11:30. I checked into the hotel and went to my room and showered and cleaned up. I headed over to the event at 2:00. The event didn't start until 3:00, but there was mingling before then.

The event was broken down into 2 parts...from 3:00 - 4:00 was training for referral partners (distributors) and from 4 - 5 was the book pre-launch.

There's a new online training center for RPs (referral partners) and Kody Bateman, the founder and Chief Visionary Officer of SendOutCards, presented some training on the new training center. The presentation centered on using the 3 types of card sends (heart felt, group and scheduled), how to share SendOutCards with others, and how to build teams of people who do the same thing. If you'd like to find out more about the three types of card sends, the different packages and how you can get your subscription Paid 4 (paid for), let me know.

During the book pre-launch, Kody shared some stories from the book and also talked about the book being a great tool for anyone in any kind of business. Everyone knows that the fortune is in the follow up, but hardly anyone does it. Everyone in attendance got a free copy of the book. The interesting thing about the pre-launch books is that they were all printed on the same printers that prints the cards for SendOutCards. Of course, I got my copy signed and while I was getting it signed I asked Kody about the Master Relationship Marketing training portal. He said it's not going away and it will be updated...which is good because I use it in my monthly Business Acceleration Workshops, although it's not available at the moment.

After the event, I had dinner and went to bed at about 8:30. I was up for 20 hours. I slept until 5:30 (9 hours!) and hit the road at 7:00. I got home about 9 hours later Even though I stayed up until 3:00 the following morning (another 21 1/2 hour day!), I really wasn't up to working on my blog post...instead I watched a few episodes of Hawaii Five 0. Monday morning from 11:30 - 1:30, I had a networking event, followed by a nap then several SOC related calls, then back to work!

So, there you have it...my weekend and why there was no blog post yesterday.

Interesting days



Tomorrow - Be An Angel DayTake Your Cat to the Vet DayPecan Torte Day and Eat A Peach Day

Next Tuesday - Bow Tie DayRace Your Mouse Around The Icons DayRadio Commercials DayRainbow Bridge Remembrance DayCrackers Over The Keyboard Day and Cherry Turnover Day

September 21 - World Gratitude DayPecan Cookie DayMiniature Golf DayInternational Day of PeaceInternational Grenache DayConcussion Awareness DayTradesmen Day and World Alzheimer’s Day


No comments:

Post a Comment