Monday, August 6, 2018

Just a darn minuet (or two)

I did a FB post on Sunday night based on the Minuet in G Major, which had been attributed to J.S. Bach but it has recently been attributed to Christian Petzold. I included a few videos of different versions of the song, but I also incorrectly included a different Minuet in G by Beethoven.

The Minuet in G Major by Bach, er Petzold, goes like this:


It was featured in the movie, Electric Dreams:


And it was the basis for the song A Lover's Concerto by The Toys in 1965.


The Minuet in G by Beethoven goes like this:


And it was featured in the play, and movie, The Music Man:


I couldn't find the clip I wanted from the original movie, but this remake was pretty good.

I then included a video of me playing the song on keyboard for Piano Month. However, I wasn't really playing it...it's one of the songs built into the keyboard to learn to play. I guess I need to learn it now,

Interesting days


Today - Fresh Breath DayWiggle Your Toes DayRoot Beer Float DayInternational Sailor Moon Day and Farmworker Appreciation Day

Tomorrow - Lighthouse DayParticularly Preposterous Packaging Day and Professional Speakers Day

Next Monday - International Lefthanders Day and Filet Mignon Day

September 6 - Read a Book Day and Fight Procrastination Day


No comments:

Post a Comment