Monday, August 27, 2018

No particular place to go

This post has no particular place to go...just some random musings.

It's about a quarter to three in the morning as I write this.


I really don't know what I'm writing about, but hopefully some coherent thoughts will make it onto the page.

Part of the problem is that my routine is off a little. It started on Thursday evening when I went out to start my car to go to work at about 5:00 PM. Unfortunately, the car wouldn't start. It was too late to do anything about it because the shops were closed already. I called my boss and told her that I wasn't going to be in that night. I woke up early Friday morning, found a shop to tow it to and called my insurance company to have it towed. I got it there at about 11:00 and they said they would look at it. I didn't hear anything so I started calling about 4:30 or 4:45 to find out what was going on with it since they closed at 5:00. The phone went to the fax machine after ringing a few times. I kept trying and at about 5 till someone answered. They said there was no compression and they'd have to look at it some more on Monday. It would've been nice if they would have let me know sooner.

Fortunately, I'm off on Friday and Saturday nights, so it had no impact on me. But I'm supposed to work Sunday night. Since my car was still in the shop, I called in again. But that threw my routine off and I didn't really think about writing a blog post.

I'm going to wake up somewhat early and call about my car. If there's still no hope for it, I'll get my card key for work from the car and take the bus in...it's about a 3 1/2 hour trip but I really have no idea how much it'll cost. The bad part will be when it's time to leave in the morning...the first bus isn't until about 2 1/2 hours after I get off work. I won't get home until about 6 hours after I leave work. Which means it'll be about time to head back to work as soon as I get home. I suppose I could look into renting a car also.

Hopefully, they'll be able to fix it today and I won't have to go through all of this.

I've only had the car for two months and I've already put more than $2,000 into repairs. I made the big mistake of taking someone's word on the condition of the car and not having it inspected until after I bought it. If I would've done the inspection I would've known that it needed $1,800 worth of work...which is actually about $2,200 now and not even counting this latest incident.

So, not only does this post have no particular place to go, without a car I don't really have any particular place to go physically either.

Interesting days



Tomorrow - Bow Tie DayRace Your Mouse Around The Icons DayRadio Commercials DayRainbow Bridge Remembrance DayCrackers Over The Keyboard Day and Cherry Turnover Day

Next Monday - Skyscraper DayWelsh Rarebit Day and Mouthguard Day

September 27 - Tourism DayCrush a Can DayAncestor Appreciation DayMorning Show Hosts Day and Corned Beef Hash Day


No comments:

Post a Comment