Tuesday, August 6, 2019

BIG change in plans since yesterday's post

BIG change in plans since yesterday's post. It's still going to be a busy week but in a very different way.

I started with getting my car checked...unfortunately it needed about $400 worth of work, which wiped out a big chunk of convention budget. So, I cancelled my hotel reservation, bought the live stream for Thursday through Saturday, and canceled my substitute for my Gold Star meeting on Wednesday.

With the live stream, I won't be able to view the training sessions on Wednesday, but everything else (except the closing party on Saturday night) is available.

I tried to see if I could still work out the trip. I had Citi Bank ship my new credit card overnight, but I had no idea when it was going to arrive. I could've probably still made the trip but I'd have to get another sub for Gold Star since my original sub had made other plans. I had no idea when I'd be able to arrive, and since I've only had cataract surgery in one eye so far, I don't really like driving in the dark still.

So, Wednesday morning I'm going to my Gold Star meeting, and then to Dunkin' Wednesday afternoon. Thursday and Friday I'll be watching the Relationship Marketing Grand Summit from the comfort of my living room, as well as the new product announcements on Thursday evening and the SendOutCards convention itself on Saturday.

I'm going to miss seeing many of my old friends and making some new ones this week, but everything happens for a reason. I'm not sure what that reason is and I may never know, but there is one.

Thanks Dwight!

Interesting days



Tomorrow - Lighthouse DayParticularly Preposterous Packaging DayProfessional Speakers Day and Aged Care Employee Day

Next Tuesday - International Lefthanders Day and Filet Mignon Day

Week long celebrations:
August 12 - 18: Afternoon Tea Week
September 6 - Bring Your Manners To Work DayRead a Book DayCoffee Ice Cream DayFight Procrastination Day and Lazy Mom’s Day

No comments:

Post a Comment