Monday, March 14, 2016

My new place

As many of you know, I moved this past Friday. I've been renting rooms for the past year and a half but I've got my own place.

Until August of 2014 I had my own apartment in Pleasanton, CA but the rent was getting too expensive so I moved in with my sister. Big mistake! It wasn't because of her, or her place, but because AT&T insisted that I continued driving to the office in San Ramon...which was 135 miles away. The move to my sister's place was very spur of the moment, but I hoped the company could work with me for a few months. But no! So, I saved $1,000 a month by moving to Paradise (yes, that's the name of the town) but I ended up spending $1,200 a month in commuting costs. That move lasted about 2 1/2 months.

In November, 2014 I moved in with Tenley and Yangchen Nyima, friends of my SendOutCards sponsor, Gregory Festo. They moved their young son, TriRal, into their room with them and I rented the 2nd bedroom for 10 months. They moved to a bigger house and just recently had their 2nd child.

In September of last year, I moved in with an AT&T friend, John Ware. John lives in a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house by himself and he was only about 6 miles from the AT&T office!

But I was ready for my own place again, so here I am. It's a nice 2 bedroom, 1 bath place. It's about 65 miles from the office but I'm paying $200 a month less than I paid for my 1 bedroom apartment 4 years ago. And I've done that distance of commute for many years, so I'm happy.

I'd like to thank Linda (my sister), Tenley and Yangchen, and John for your help in getting me to where I am right now!

Interesting days




Next Monday - Common Courtesy DayWorld Down Syndrome DaySingle Parent's DayMemory Day and French Bread Day Yum! I'm ready for some French bread in my new apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment