Friday, May 22, 2015

The Happiest Place on Earth


I've always loved Disneyland. Even though I had the flu the 1st time I went in 5th grade and spent most of the trip being sick, I still had a great time. The second time, my sister and I were on spring break from college and wanted something fun to do, so we drove to Anaheim in my little Fiat 850 Spyder


If any of you have driven the Grapevine, 850 CC is not much power going over that hill, but we survived. We didn't have any reservations, but we managed to find a motel with a vacancy. I'm not sure how many days we stayed there…probably just over the weekend.

Then in the 80's I went down there pretty much every year. My roommate, Tom, had a friend who lived in Fullerton and a bunch of us would go down for 4th of July weekend! I also went one time with AT&T back in 1985. I was actually living in New Jersey at the time. I was teaching a 2 day class across the country and I had 2 classes in Anaheim. So I spent a week down there, so of course I went to Disneyland. Fortunately, my sister and her husband were down there at the same time so we got to go together.

We went there on out honeymoon in 1988. We were married at the very end of 1987, but I couldn't get the time off work until several months later. We went again when Danny was about a year and a half, so the end of 1990. I thought we were going to continue taking trips down there, but it turns out that the spouse and kids don't like to travel. Our next trip to Disneyland was for my 50th birthday in 2006. Even though it's not possible to have a bad time at Disneyland, this was awfully close.

I did go to Anaheim again about 2 years ago, after I was separated, but I wasn't able to make it. Bummer!

But this year, I'm going to Disneyland and I WILL have fun. In September SendOutCards will be having its annual convention at the Disneyland Hotel.  If you'd like to go on a business trip to Disneyland during their 60th anniversary celebration, just ask me how.



The 60th anniversary celebration begins today!


But not only that, I will be having a Facebook contest soon where I will be giving away a trip for 4 to Disneyland. Details soon.

Interesting days


Today- The start of Disneyland's 60th anniversary celebration. It's also https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/dont-fry-day/ and https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/goth-day/. And let's not forget https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/maritime-day/








June 22 - For dinner, it's https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/onion-rings-day/ Who makes the best onion  rings? Then for dessert it's https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/chocolate-eclair-day/ Oh yeah!

Here are recipes for onion rings and chocolate eclairs

No comments:

Post a Comment