Thursday, April 22, 2021

How to Make Your Haircut Last Longer #TBT

Today's blog post was originally published two years ago and is even more relevant now than it was then:

Today's blog post is based on an article from The Art of Manliness:

This is timely for me since Alisa Lopez, the only person who's cut my hair over the last three years is going out on maternity leave soon, although I don't know exactly when or for how long...but the tips in this article should help.

Depending on the growth rate of his hair and the style he keeps it in, a man’s got to visit his barber every 2-6 weeks to keep his haircut sharp. While visiting a barbershop can be a relaxing ritual, in our busy lives, it more often feels like an inconvenience, and a significant expense. You thus may naturally desire to extend the life of your haircut and the amount of time you can let lapse between appointments with your barber.   
While you obviously can’t slow down how fast your hair grows, there are ways to make your visits to the barber less frequent, without your hair looking untidy and out of hand. Accomplishing this concerns either choosing a more barber-independent hairstyle, or creating an at-home maintenance routine that allows you to delay your visits to the barbershop.

I'm sure Alisa wishes I came in that often! It's usually more like 6-8 weeks for me as it is. 

After you’ve gotten your hair cut, your hair will begin to grow out most noticeably in the trails that run down your neck from either side of your hairline and in your sideburns. Extending the life of your haircut is then just a simple matter of cleaning up these problem areas. Here’s how to do it:

1. Get a sharp haircut.
2. Gather the needed tools.
3. Trim your sideburns. 
4. Trim your neckline. 
5. Keep your hair smooth and styled.
Following this DIY maintenance routine can let you go as much as 2 weeks more before you have to get a real haircut, reducing your visits to the barber by a third to a half. 

The nice thing about Sport Clips is that they'll clean up your neck and sideburns for you between haircuts, free of charge, which makes for a good excuse to get another MVP!

If you live in Modesto, Turlock, Fresno or Clovis, be sure to visit the Sport Clips shops owned by Matt Kneeland in Turlock, Fresno and Clovis. Be sure to tell them I sent you...you'll get nothing special and they'll probably look at you strangely, but go ahead and do it anyhow.

I don't think Alisa went back to work after baby Edwin was born, but I never went back to that Sport Clips...mainly because Matt never reached out to me via any kind of relationship marketing campaign. There is another Sport Clips that is much closer to me, although I'm on my second stylist there. Kika left not too long after the pandemic started...I did see her once after they reopened but she went back to school to pursue another career, so now I'm seeing Erica.

Even though I have the tools to trim my hair, I hadn't;t been doing it...just going to get my haircut every four months (although I'm sure there are still a few of you who haven't had a haircut in over a year!). I did go for a neck trim last week, so it was only about two months since my last haircut. 

Interesting days

Today - Teach Your Children to Save DayEarth DayThank you ThursdayJelly Bean DayBeagle Day and Love Your Thighs Day

Tomorrow - Talk Like Shakespeare DayAsparagus DayGerman Beer DayLost Dog Awareness DayWorld Book Night and English Language Day

Week long celebrations:

Apr 20 - Apr 26: Stationery Week

Next Thursday - International Dance DayWe Jump The World DayWorld Wish Day and Zipper Day

Week long celebrations:

Apr 25 - May 1: Go Diaper Free Week

May 22 - Sherlock Holmes DayWorld Fiddle DayInternational Day for Biological DiversityGoth DayMaritime Day and Harvey Milk Day

Week long celebrations:

May 16 - May 29: Heritage Breeds Week

 

No comments:

Post a Comment