Monday, October 5, 2020

Millionaire Money Game - updated

This is an update to a post made 4 months ago:

I wrote about this before and I signed up for the game again this year but I hadn't really done much with it but here are three things that I'd spend my "money" on:
  1. A trip around the world - this is a 111 day around the world cruise on Princess Cruises starting in either Ft. Lauderdale or Los Angeles. There are 48 ports of call in 32 countries and the 2021 voyage starts on January 17 (starting from LA) returning on May 9 (my birthday would be in Puerto Vallarta). Inside staterooms from $18,779 per person (double occupancy) up to $51,669 per person for a suite. Since I'm a millionaire now (I've accumulated $1,531,000 and I still have two days left), I'll go with the suite. So, who wants to join me?
  2. Sponsor 1,000 "From Beaten to Badass" books written by my friend Erin Baer to women's shelters ($25,000)
  3. Pay tuition for 100 of my friends for Darla DiGrandi-Aguilera's course "Master the Art of Human Connections" ($199,500)
For a total of $327,838, which is only about 21% of my money so far (with $1.8 million more coming). I think I'll need to look at a new car and a home next.

The idea of the game is to get you to think about money differently and I did come up with an idea of how I can help a little with items 2 & 3 on the list.

Starting yesterday, SendOutCards is allowing everyone on a $97 monthly subscription to not only send unlimited heartfelt cards anywhere in the world for free, but to also include a free 2 pack of brownies, again anywhere in the world, for a week! As mentioned in yesterday's blog post, anyone who signs up with me on a $97 subscription will get a copy of Erin's book donated in their name. I may not get !,000 books donated but every little bit helps. And in addition to that, any of my friends who sign up for Darla's course will also get a book donated in their name (just let me know when you sign up).

Now I just need to figure out what to do with my remaining $3,000,000. Any ideas?

I have an idea...I'd purchase this house that happens to come with its own winery for only $2,750,000. I'm not an expert on real estate in that area, but that seems to me to be a good price for the home by itself. (Upon further examination, the price is for the house alone but the winery is also available for purchase...I didn't see the price for it)


That still leaves a  little over $250,000 for furniture and a couple of cars to go in the garages.


Interesting days



Tomorrow - Mad Hatter DayWorld Cerebral Palsy DayPhysician Assistant DayNoodle Day and Badger Day

Month long celebrations:
Sep 15 - Oct 15: Hispanic Heritage Month
Next Monday - Old Farmers DayColumbus DayWorld Arthritis DayNative American Day and Pulled Pork Day

Month long celebrations:
Sep 15 - Oct 15: Hispanic Heritage Month
November 5 - Love Your Red Hair DayMen Make Dinner DayProject Management Day and Gunpowder Day

Week long celebrations:
Nov 1 - Nov 8: Marzipan Week

No comments:

Post a Comment