Monday, March 2, 2020

Success Is Within Your Reach

Today's blog post is from an article by Harvey Mackay.
Success is perhaps my favorite topic. The definition of success varies from person to person. Is it all about financial achievement and status? Is it more narrowly related to job satisfaction? Is it enough to be happy and grateful for what you have?

Probably the question I am asked most often is “how do I become successful?” Jack quotes our friend, the late Jim Rohn, who explained, “You can’t hire someone else to do your push-ups for you.” That’s the formula for anyone who wants to achieve success in any endeavor. YOU have to do the work. YOU have to stay motivated. YOU have to have the plan to get to where you want to go.
Harvey is writing about au updated book from Jack Canfield, "The Success Principles":
As Jack writes, “If you want to be successful, you have to take 100% responsibility of everything you experience in your life. This includes the level of your achievements, the results you produce, the quality of your relationships, the state of your health and physical fitness, your income, your debts, your feelings – everything!

“This is not easy,” he warns.

In my experience, it is so much easier to blame someone or something else for my failures. But I would be wrong to do that. I understand that sometimes circumstances are beyond my control. That doesn’t mean I can ignore my reaction to those circumstances. I understand that people don’t always respond as I wish they would. That requires me to adapt my approach and re-evaluate my actions. I need to be responsible for how I act/react.
This is similar to what they teach in "Extreme Ownership"

Interesting days



Tomorrow - World Wildlife DayWhat If Cats and Dogs Had Opposable Thumbs DayNational Anthem DayCanadian Bacon DayInternational Irish Whiskey DayCold Cuts DayMulled Wine Day and Unique Names Day

Week long celebrations:
March 1 - 7: Women in Construction Week
March 2 - 8: Return Borrowed Books Week
March 2 - 8: World Orphan Week
March 2 - 8: Universal Human Beings Week
Next Monday - Meatball DayBarbie DayCrabmeat DayFalse Teeth DayGet Over It Day and Panic Day

Week long celebrations:
March 8 - 14: No More Week
March 8 - 14: Groundwater Awareness Week
April 2 - Ferret DayTell A Lie DayWorld Autism DayLove Your Produce Manager DayPeanut Butter and Jelly Day and Children’s Book Day


No comments:

Post a Comment