Thursday, June 16, 2016

Throwback Thursday #TBT

I'm trying something new today. I'm not sure whether I'll stick with it or not, but I'm going to jump on the Throwback Thursday bandwagon and recycle...I mean share again some of my previous posts. If you have any posts that you'd like to see again, let me know and I'll update them and run them here.

For my first #TBT entry, I'm going to go with a post that I originally re-purposed from Facebook:
Which of the following is your retirement plan?

A. "Would you like fries with that?"
B. "Would you like a cart while shopping at Walmart?"

Even if, or especially if, you're planning on living on your 401k you'll need extra income.

The whole selling point of the 401k was that you'd be in a lower tax bracket when you retire. But many, if not most, retirees are finding themselves in the highest tax brackets of their lives and without their mortgage or dependent deductions they were used to. These people are often taking on jobs just to be able to pay their tax bills.
The 401k was designed by the government to be able to continue collecting taxes after people retire and no longer have any income to be taxed. It was NOT designed to help out the taxpayer.

What if there was a third option?

C. Own your own business?

Now, many of your normal expenses are now at least partially deductible, your rent or mortgage, your cell phone bill, your Internet provider, meals, travel, entertainment and more.

But what if you don't make any money? That's ok. Your expenses may be able to offset your income from other sources.

I'm not a tax lawyer or accountant, so I can't give you any advice. But check with a professional to find out how a home based business applies to your personal situation.

And contact me to find out about a home based business that may suit you.
It's a bit short, but to the point. There are options other than working at a traditional job if you need extra money in your Golden Years. And the tax write-offs alone are worth starting a home-based business.

Interesting days


Today - Fudge DayFresh Veggies Day and Dump The Pump Day

Tomorrow - Apple Strudel DayEat Your Vegetables Day and Flip-Flop Day

Next Thursday - Public Service DayLet It Go Day and Pink Day

July 16 - Corn Fritters Day and World Snake Day I think Jim Stafford said it best:


Even though this next video has nothing to do with snakes, or even spiders, I'm including it because I like Jim Stafford. It's my blog and I can do whatever I want!




No comments:

Post a Comment