Wednesday, November 26, 2014

I received a suggestion to write about what I'm thankful for and since I haven't received any other suggestions I guess I'm stuck with it :-)

What I'm thankful for


I think I'll go back about 4 or 5 years. I had read "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" and Stephen Covey talks about beginning with the end in mind and to imagine your funeral and what people there would say about you. As I thought about it, I realized that besides the wife and kids, my sister and my nieces would probably be the only ones there. I determined that it was probably a good idea to reconnect with old friends and to possibly make new ones. So, I reconnected with friends on Facebook and classmates.com (this was about the time of my 35th reunion). I also decided to get out and meet new people and I found the perfect vehicle for doing that was network marketing. So, hopefully there will now be at least a few more people at my funeral.

So, I'm thankful for Facebook for helping me reconnect with old friends and for Facebook and network marketing for helping me make new friends. And I'm also very thankful for all of my friends, old and new.

I'm thankful for my sister for putting up with me for 2 1/2 months and for letting me stay with her this weekend. I'm thankful for my cousin Janet and her family for hosting Thanksgiving again!

I'm thankful for Yangchen and Tenley for letting me rent a room from them. I'm thankful to my SendOutCards sponsor, Gregory, for introducing me to them. I'm thankful for Dennis sponsoring the Meetup where I met Gregory (this is some of the magic that I talked about in my YouTube video about 2 years ago).

I'm thankful for my wife. Even though we're separated and working on a divorce, we still had several good years and two wonderful sons.

I'm thankful for all the opportunities we have in this country.

But most of all I'm thankful for YOU!

Interesting days


Today - https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/cake-day/ I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow. But Janet will be making my favorite, German Chocolate!

Tomorrow - Thanksgiving (of course) and https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/pins-and-needles-day/

Next Wednesday - https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/make-a-gift-day/ Do you make your own gifts, whether for the holidays or birthdays?



No comments:

Post a Comment