Thursday, September 18, 2014

I had an assignment from Michele Reynolds to describe something to celebrate. This is the email that I sent her:

Michele,

My perfect day will consist of me waking up early (although I was too excited to really sleep). I will shave, shower and get dressed. Then I will head down to the hotel restaurant for breakfast. What shall I have? Hmmm. It seems like a good day for my lucky breakfast…oatmeal, toast and orange juice. 

Then I head over to the meeting hall where the 2015 SendOutCards Convention is being held. There is a lot of excitement in the air. I see quite a few people that I know. The doors finally open. They open a few minutes early, but it seems like an eternity.

The program is going well. Kody has the crowd going. There have been some speakers. But now is the moment I've been waiting for! All Senior Managers are invited to the stage. I hear my name announced and I walk across the stage, shaking hands with Jordan, DeMarr, Bob and Betty Ann; all of the Senior Executives and Executives. I've met a few of them over the past few years, but this is the first time I've gotten to meet most of them.

Lunchtime. I can't seem to get the morning's events out of my mind. A few of my friends come up and congratulate me. I'm still numb. I thank them but it really hasn't sunk in. I'm now a leader in the company and I've been recognized as such in front of thousands of people.

The day continues. More training. More announcements (what did Kody just say? I can't believe it!), more cheering.

I head back to the hotel. Exhausted. I get ready to head down to dinner, but I lie on the bed for just a minute. What's that? My alarm is going off. Time for another exciting day.

What would you celebrate? An anniversary? A birthday? A promotion at work? Feel free to let me know. You don't have to go into as much detail as this, just a quick description of what you'd be celebrating,

Interesting days

Today - a twofer: https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/cheeseburger-day/ One of my favorites. And https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/hug-a-greeting-card-writer-day/ Since I am one, this is a good day for me
 
Tomorrow - https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/talk-like-a-pirate-day/ Don't forget that you can get a free donut or even a dozen free donuts. Check out http://www.krispykreme.com/Pirate


No comments:

Post a Comment