Thursday, January 30, 2020

#CleanInBox Week - part 5 #TBT

Today's blog post was originally published five years ago:

Welcome to the 5th of five posts on cleaning out your inbox for #‎CleanInbox week. In this final installment we're going to talk about what you're going to do with all of the emails you have left over after you've deleteddelegated or done your emails.

Up until a few days ago I would've told you to just create a followup folder in your inbox and to setup reminders to look at them. But I got an email from Linda Arrowwood, who's in my SendOutCards downline, about a webinar on Evernote. She asked me if I used Evernote and I told her no. I'd heard of it and had downloaded it about 2 years ago. But after watching the webinar, I was sold on using Evernote to store everything, including deferred emails. This is a tool I'm adding to my SYSTEM toolbox. Thanks Linda!

What is Evernote and why am I using it to store deferred emails? Evernote is a tool (an app, as well as a website) for storing, organizing and accessing almost anything! You can save a website, photo, email…practically anything and then store it into a "notebook". And then search for the info with a very powerful search engine (which will also search the words in your photos!). There are two main reasons that I like Evernote for storing deferred emails. 

  1. You get an email address with your Evernote account so you can forward your emails to it easily
  2. You can easily setup reminders to let you know it's time to followup with your email
Here is a screenshot of my Evernote account:



On the right is an email that I wanted to defer, about a webinar by my friend Michele Reynolds. I wanted to attend the webinar but I didn't have time to look at the details at the time, so I forwarded it to Evernote. Even though I didn't do it with this email, I could've set a reminder (clock icon in upper right corner) to remind me to look at this later. I was driving at the time of this webinar last night so I couldn't watch it, but I'll check out the replay.

Evernote is also excellent for storing the emails you want to keep for reference. I highly recommend the webinar by Steve Dotto. It lasts an hour but it's worth it!

Interesting days


Today - Croissant Day and Inane Answering Message Day

Tomorrow - Backward Day, Fun At Work Day, Gorilla Suit Day and Inspire Your Heart With Art Day

Next Thursday - Frozen Yogurt Day and Lame Duck Day

February 30 - There is no February 30, so you can relax. Although, someday I might tell you why February only has 28 or 29 days

No comments:

Post a Comment