Monday, January 6, 2020

Happy #WeighInDay

Apparently, today is Weigh-In Day. According to Days of the YearWeigh-In Day is celebrated (?) on the first Monday in January:
So, Christmas is officially over, and so are both New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. You’ve slept off any hangover you may have had, relaxed, and now you’re ready to face the new year ahead of you and all of the challenges and opportunities it will bring.

Unfortunately, due to the amount of food and drink consumed during the holiday season, chances are you may have gained a bit of weight during the holidays, so Weigh-In Day is a great time to set your first new year goal: start eating better and exercising more regularly so you can not only shed that weight but improve your overall health. After all, what could be more important than your health?
I'm going to celebrate by weighing myself and then making a plan to burn off about 20 pounds by Memorial Day. My actual goal is to get my body fat below 25%. The last time I weighed myself was on the day after Christmas...my weight was 181.1 pounds, my BMI was 24.6 and my body fat was 27.7%.

I read somewhere that for a man my age my body fat should be below 25% to be in the healthy range. And right now that's looking like a weight of about 160 pounds.

I haven't really done any walking since before Thanksgiving, so I'm going to start doing that again and making sure I burn off at least 500 more calories per day than I take in. It's also time to drink more water and to start taking vitamins again.

I'll let you know how it's going from time to time between now and Memorial Day.

Interesting days



Tomorrow - Tempura DayI’m Not Going To Take It Anymore DayHarlem Globetrotter’s DayBobblehead Day and Old Rock Day

Next Monday - ticker DayRubber Duckie DayPublic Radio Broadcasting DayMake Your Dream Come True DaySkeptics DayPeach Melba Day and Clean Off Your Desk Day

February 6 - Frozen Yogurt Day and Lame Duck Day


No comments:

Post a Comment