Monday, June 1, 2020

Calendar mapping

This is one of the topics in Darla DiGrandi-Aguilera's year-long course "Master the Art of Human Connections". In fact, part of her MAHC training on calendar mapping is available as one of her free introductory lessons. She's got three other free lessons...check them out here.

Unfortunately, the 50% off sale of the training ended yesterday, but it's still a great value. I still highly recommend it.

I've written about this subject a couple of times before but after watching Darla's training I thought I'd bring the subject up again.

The most recent post was from last month:
Time-blocking is essentially organizing your day in a series of time slots. Instead of writing a list of tasks that take as long as they take, with a time-blocked approach, each of these time periods is devoted to a task or tasks. It immediately lets you see where you’re being unrealistic about your time and keep yourself focused on what you’re supposed to be doing. 
And this blog post from January of last year suggests replacing your to-do list with a calendar. I use Google Calendar for tracking meetings and tasks instead of using a to-do list but I haven't done calendar mapping to block out specific times to do my tasks.
Millionaires don’t use to do lists. If something truly matters to you, put it on your calendar. You’ll be amazed at how much the likelihood of getting it done increases.
The book "The 12 Week Year" talks about calendar mapping. I wrote about the book here, but I didn't talk about the calendar mapping portion though...I'll have to listen to the book again (or buy the book and read it), so I can write more about that aspect of the book. (PS I didn't make the goal that I wrote about in that post but I'm starting on it again today).

I meet with Darla via Zoom every two weeks and this was the subject we talked about on Friday, so I need to get things set up ASAP so I can show her that I'm taking her training seriously.

Interesting days


June will be Guitars On The BeachPride MonthCare For Your Grandparents MonthAudiobook MonthPost Traumatic Stress Disorder Awareness MonthInternational Mud MonthCandy MonthGreat Outdoors MonthCountry Cooking MonthSoul Food MonthIced Tea MonthDairy Month and Camping Month

Today - Say Something Nice DayThank God It’s Monday DayGo Barefoot DayWorld Milk DayTableTop Day and Love Island Day

Tomorrow - Rocky Road DayRotisserie Chicken Day and Leave The Office Earlier Day

Week long celebrations:
May 25 - Jun 5: Italian Beef Week
Next Monday - Best Friends DayWorld Oceans Day and Upsy Daisy Day

Week long celebrations:
Jun 8 - Jun 14: Love your Burial Ground Week
July will be Plastic Free JulyBank Account Bonus MonthWorld Watercolor MonthSarcoma Awareness MonthPicnic MonthCell Phone Courtesy MonthIndependent Retailer MonthHorseradish Month and Ice Cream Month

July 1 - Joke DayGingersnap DayCreative Ice Cream Flavor DayInternational Reggae DayPostal Worker DayZip Code DaySecond Half of the Year Day and Canada Day

No comments:

Post a Comment