Tuesday, November 26, 2019

The 12 Days of Giving revisited

Last week I wrote about The 12 Days of Giving, and it launched yesterday. But your 12 days begin when you sign up.

It's very easy to sign up to receive a daily prompt...all you have to do is go to The 12 Days of Giving website and enter your phone number.

There's a short video at the top of the page, but you can watch it here:


Within about a minute of signing up, I received a welcome text:

Thank you for signing up for daily prompts for #The12DaysOfGiving. Your first prompt will be sent momentarily. 

We look forward to seeing your kindness shared with the world.  

Text STOP to unsubscribe.

And about 10 minutes after that, I received the first prompt:

Pay it Forward.

When sitting in the drive-thru line for coffee, tea, lunch, or for any other reason, pay for the person behind you. Simple gestures from a stranger can light up the day.

Share your experience with us by posting on social media with #The12DaysOfGiving #SendOutCards

I received this just as I was getting ready to leave for work, so I was able to stop at Starbucks and buy a coffee for the person behind me. I don't know whether they also paid it forward, or if it died with them, but I did my part.

And to help you do your part, I'm going to give you a ticket to the pumpkin spice caramels drawing just for signing up for the 12 days of giving, another ticket for each prompt that you complete plus another ticket if you share it to Facebook using the hashtags #The12DaysOfGiving and #SendOutCards. These tickets are in addition to the 5 ways of earning tickets from yesterday's blog post. This now gives you 8 ways to earn tickets for the pumpkin spice caramels drawing.

Just let me know when you've signed up and complete each prompt. And tag me in your Facebook post.

Interesting days


Today - Cake Day

Tomorrow - Bavarian Cream Pie DayTie One On DayJukebox DayCraft Jerky Day and Pins And Needles Day

Month long celebrations:
November 28 - December 31: A Blue Christmas
Next Tuesday - Make A Gift DayDisability DayGiving Tuesday and Giving Tuesday

Month long celebrations:
November 28 - December 31: A Blue Christmas
December 26 - Thank You Note Day and Candy Cane Day

 Month long celebrations:
November 28 - December 31: A Blue Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment