Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Still no place to go

Well, I got the word on my car...it needs a new engine! Which is not cheap! In fact, it's going to come out to $2,700 installed. Which brings the grand total of what I spent on this car, including the purchase price to $8,000...which is about $4,500 more than I had planned on.

But it has tires that are about a week old, new outer tie rods (also about a week old), a new gas tank which is a couple of months old, new wiper blades...also about 2 months old, a new ignition switch and ignition key...about a month old. I think that's about it.

It's going to take a few days to get the engine and then get it installed...possibly Friday but more likely Tuesday. Fortunately, one of my neighbors is letting me borrow her car at night while she's sleeping, so I'm back at work, which makes my boss and co-workers happy

So, by this time next week I should have a basically new car.

Interesting days


Today - Bow Tie Day, Race Your Mouse Around The Icons Day, Radio Commercials Day, Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day, Crackers Over The Keyboard Day and Cherry Turnover Day

Tomorrow - Potteries Bottle Oven Day, More Herbs, Less Salt Day and Individual Rights Day

Next Tuesday - Wildlife Day, Newspaper Carrier Day, and Macadamia Nut Day

September 28 - Hug a Vegetarian Day, Ask A Stupid Question Day, Drink Beer Day, World Rabies Day,  Good Neighbor Day and Strawberry Cream Pie Day


No comments:

Post a Comment